Monday, February 09, 2009

longing for the impossible. . .

. . .at least for today.

Headline on FoxNews this morning: "Obama holds town hall meeting to drum up support for stimulus".

Yes, that's right: our President, who has an office in DC, when faced with legislative trouble FROM Senators in DC, decided he will fix the problem. . .

. . .by going on the campaign trail.

I guess when you elect someone who has never done anything other than campaign. . .well, you don't get much more than a campaigner.

On the verge of a "catastrophe", he heads out of his office.

Don't get me wrong, I love that he thinks he needs to talk to the citizens of this country. But he also needs to LISTEN to the citizens of this country, and that doesn't happen much on the campaign trail.

I guess I should be happy that at least it's a town hall. Maybe someone will ask a good question of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home