Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm thinking someone needs to get grilled

Please note that I do not say the following lightly:

As reported here, yesterday Secretary of Defense "Bill" Gates (that's what the President calls him) said: "The strategy that the president put forward in late March is the first real strategy we have had for Afghanistan since the early 1980s".

Ya know, as SECDEF I'm pretty sure that he was in a position to forward a "real" strategy for Afghanistan for the last 3 years. . .which makes me wonder what the heck he's been doing? Are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in harm's way not enough of a motivator to put the development of a strategy for their theater of engagement on a "to do" list? Or is he so inefficient that he just never got around to it?

I think Americans need answers. If only one of our elected representatives cared to ask the right questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home