Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tragedy in Pakistan

What else can be said, except that today's events in Pakistan are a most unsettling development in a key strategic area.

And I can't help but think of one thing: Rufus Scrimgeour.

Yes, I know, fiction is a gross oversimplification of the complexities of real-life. . .but for some reason, today when I found out that Bhutto had been assassinated. . .I couldn't help but think of Scrimgeour.

Not so much because I think Bhutto plays Scrimgeour in this fantasy. . .but rather it has to do with the insidious nature of the enemy and how they set about to achieve their goals.

I don't know exactly why. . .I just know that the "nuclear secret" in Pakistan isn't resting as safely tonight as it was last night. And that should be cause for concern for all of us!

UPDATE: Clearly, the true "Scrimgeour" is Musharraf, who now looks extraordinarily vulnerable in Pakistan--and I don't mean politically. Let us hope he finds the courage to deal with the menace before him. . .Islamists with control of a nuclear country does not a happy combination make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home